5 Points Wheels
A Transportation Service for Older Adults and Disabled
Mondays-Fridays | 9:30 am-1:00 pm
Who is eligible to ride?
- Riders must be 50+ years or disabled. Anyone who is disabled and under 18 must have a parent or guardian with them.
- Riders must live within the grid: Sunset Drive (north) to Huger/Elmwood (west) to Rosewood (south) to Beltline (east).
- Riders must fill out a Rider Information Form and sign a Release Form.
Where do we go?
- We will transport within the territory of the downtown Columbia area. Please see the map for specific boundaries.
- Regular stops to pick up riders starting at 9:30AM at Christopher Towers, Finlay House, and Marion Street Apartments. Hop on at one of these stops and tell the driver where you need to go within the territory. (We also go to WalMart on Forest Drive, but no further).
- If you have a medical appointment and you live within the territory, call the Lourie Center at least 48 hours in advance with your name, address, and destination address.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with 5 Points Wheels, contact our 5 Points Wheels Coordinator at 803-779-1971 x 102.
The Wheels transportation program provides origin-to-destination transportation for seniors (50 years and over) and disabled in downtown Columbia. Our wheelchair accessible 15 passenger shuttle bus is available five mornings per week to take you shopping, medical appointments, and personal errands in the downtown territory.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible to ride if you are
- 50 years of age or over OR disabled any age with a caregiver
- Need transportation from and within the downtown territory.
- The appointment is between Monday through Friday, 9:30am – 12:30pm
How Do I Schedule a Ride?
Simply call 803-779-1971 x 102 during business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm. Please call with as much advance notice as possible, minimum 24 hours notice.
How Much Does a Trip Cost?
The suggested donation is $2 per round trip. Our drivers do not carry change, so please have exact change ready.
Will The Driver Help Me With My Bags?
Our drivers are unfortunately not able to help with passenger bags. You are allowed on with whatever you can safely carry and stow in your lap and/or under your seat.
Any other questions, give us a call!