|Hello, We hope you and your families are healthy and safe. Our members are very important to us and we take pride in serving the Columbia senior community.
As we welcome you back to the center this June, we want to inform you about our new health and safety guidelines in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The safety of our members, instructors, and staff is top priority. In order to provide a healthy environment, we have closely monitored state and local requirements and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. Our team is working to provide you with a familiar Lourie Center experience. However, some things will be different, including added cleaning regimens, more safety precautions, and limited building hours. Some of these changes may be temporary, and some may stay in place long term. At the moment, distancing measures may restrict outside organizations from meeting at the center.
|We Can’t Wait to See You Back at the Lourie Center!
The following health and safety guidelines are what you can expect when you visit the center.
- Everyone will be scanned for fever prior to entering the lobby.
- Everyone must wear a mask AT ALL TIMES (covering nose and mouth) while in the building, including the equipment rooms and classes. Shields are also acceptable.
- All members/instructors/volunteers must sign an updated waiver form to participate in programs (at the front desk or submit yours online HERE).
- Upon entering the lobby, each visitor is required to check-in at the front desk, and utilize the hand sanitizer station. A member may enroll at the front desk, paying by check (deposited in a drop box) or credit card (NO CASH).
- Clearly marked distancing procedures. Floor markers in hallways and on activity room floors will guide visitors for one-way traffic flow and proper distancing. After class, visitors exit the building through the side doors. *Exceptions to the exit process for disabled visitors, exit through the lobby or main hall/fire lane
- One purse/tote bag per person. Bring a water bottle.
- Personal Yoga mats ARE allowed to be brought in.
- Regular cleaning of frequently touched areas and equipment. Mats, weights, and chairs are disinfected by staff after each activity. Classes held in the same room are scheduled at least one hour apart to allow for cleaning. Each member using the cardio or strength room gym equipment will wipe the handles with sanitizer before and after using.
- If weights or exercise equipment are used, visitors are encouraged to bring and wear gloves.
- Class sizes are limited by physical/social distancing, first come, first serve. Staff will monitor class attendance and close any classes which have reached capacity.
- Classroom designation is dependent upon the type of activity:
- Classes using mats (Yoga, Pilates) meet in rooms DEF, with 6 ft. spacing between mats. (capacity 15)
- Classes for aerobic exercises, tai chi, and/or using chairs meet in the Large Ballroom, with 8 ft. spacing between chairs. (capacity 12- 24)
- Programs (lectures, art) and meetings meet in rooms ABC, with 6 ft. spacing between chairs. (capacity 15)
Check back with any questions. We thank you for your patience and continued support as we all adapt to these challenges together.
|Pre-register for the limited-time classes below. Ongoing classes need no pre-registration.
|Have a question about your membership? EMAIL US HERE.
CLICK HERE TO RENEW an expired membership.
New Building Hours:
Mondays-Thursdays 9 am-4 pm
Fridays 9 am -2 pm
Closed Saturdays and Sundays, except for private events.
It is requested to make an appointment with staff to avoid congestion in the administrative hallway.
READ THE ENTIRE MEMBERSHIP WAIVER HERE
By signing this document, I acknowledge that: (1) I have read this document in its entirety, I understand it, and I sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; (2) no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made to me; (3) I am at least eighteen years of age and fully competent; (4) I execute this document for full, adequate, and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same.