2019 Fall Festival at the Lourie Center
The Lourie Center will hold its 2019 Fall Festival on Friday October 4, 9 am to 1 pm. The event is free and open to the public. This annual festival is a fun and informative senior wellness expo featuring local senior service representatives, health screenings, flu shots, a free lunch, and an assortment of musical entertainment and activities.
We invite those who are already seniors (as well as those who have aging parents) to visit the Lourie Center on October 4. Groups who bus in together of five or more are eligible for advance reservations for the free lunch. Call 803-779-1971 for more info.
- Representatives from over 50 Senior Services and Organizations
- Local Media Celebrity and Master of Ceremonies Joe Pinner
- Middle Eastern Belly Dance performance and demonstration with Tarifa Salem
- Musical entertainment by Valley Voices Choir, Spring Valley Baptist Church
- Musical entertainment by Art Deco Duo
- Musical entertainment by CJ Mack
- BMI Checks, diabetes and prostate screenings, blood pressure checks courtesy of Prisma Community Health.
- Senior & Regular Flu Shots, courtesy of Hawthorne Pharmacy
11:30 AM-1 PM Lunch served. 200 lunch tickets will be distributed to guests, first come, and first serve beginning at 9 am. Lunch pre-registration available for groups of 5 or more who carpool/bus together, limited to first 100 reservations.
- Lourie Center Jewelry Class Jewelry Sale
- Door Prizes throughout the day
Executive Director Sandra Owensby encourages you all to “Discover the Lourie Center. Join our vibrant members, friends, neighbors and business associates for a fun, entertaining and educational experience at our Fall Festival. The Fall Festival helps spotlight what a privilege aging can be and the many resources available for seniors.”
The Lourie Center’s Wheels shuttle bus will be providing free transportation to the Center from Christopher Towers, Finley House, and Marion Street Apartments residences, 8:30 am-1:30 pm.
The Haven in the Summit
Right at Home Columbia
Edward Jones Financial Advisors Deborah McCutchan and Jessica Stalker
Lutheran Homes of South Carolina
Absolute Total Care
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Medicare Advantage
The Waterford at Columbia
Thompson Funeral Home
Premiere Counseling, LLC, reserved alcove
Watercrest Senior Living Columbia
Senior Matters Extended Services, LLC